At Lighting Bug (Swindon) Ltd. We take data security very seriously and your privacy is important to us. This statement sets out our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
Lighting Bug keeps and uses contact details of individuals and companies who use our services.
To maintain the quality of our service, we will also keep and use records of the nature and content of the contact we have with them and the services we have provided. We may, from time to time, use this information in order to tailor our services and inform you of ways we can help. You may on occasion provide us with documentation and information relevant to issues we are advising on. We will retain and use this information to enable us to provide the relevant service to you. We will not disclose any information about individuals or companies, except where we are entitled or required by law to do so.
The Director of Lighting Bug is responsible for ensuring that this policy is made available to any customers and companies that we collect data from.
All Employees of Lighting Bug who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this policy is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
Who are we?
Lighting Bug (Swindon) Ltd and lightingbug.co.uk are a trade and retail company offering specialist lighting products and information to the trade and direct to the public.
Who is in control?
It is important that you understand who is responsible for keeping your data safe. We are the “controller” of all personal data collected. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why your data is used and for ensuring that your data is handled legally and safely.
We collect, store and process information about you if you use our website, subscribe to our communications, or use our services. This information includes:
Personal data type:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company name
- Job title
- Contact number
- Business address
- Home address
- Billing address
- IP address
- Any other personal information you provide when interacting with us both online and offline
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating relevant information about our products and services
- Contacting customers directly about specific products and services they have purchased
- Fulfilling any obligations to provide you with our services
- Notifying customers about any changes or updates relevant to their relationship with Lighting Bug
Consent is required for Lighting Bug (Swindon) Ltd. to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by unsubscribing to any email marketing communications; logging into Lighting Bug’s website to update personal preferences; or contacting the Office Manager on email@example.com
Sharing/transferring your data
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to. How long this is depends on several factors, including:
- Why we collected it in the first place
- How old it is
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it, (for example Product Warranty)
- Whether we need it to protect you the customer, or us the retailer.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst we are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to see personal data that is held about you and a right to have a copy provided to you
- Right of rectification – if at any point you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, you can ask to have it corrected
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Lighting Bug (Swindon) Ltd. refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the clause below
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved, (as stated in the above) in the processing of your personal data.
Who to contact about your personal data
If you wish to:
- See your personal data or to exercise any of the rights mentioned above
- Make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data
Please contact –
The Office Manager,
Lighting Bug (Swindon) Ltd.,
Units 16-18 Bridge Mead,
West Mead Ind Est.,
Swindon SN5 7YT
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not satisfied with our response to any query you raise with us, or you believe we are processing your personal data in a way which is inconsistent with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose helpline number is:
0303 123 1113.